Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day Eleven

We spent the entire day doing our Practice Teach Ones yesterday. I think mine went okay, but of course not as smoothly as I had hoped. Nonetheless, it was a good experience and we have two more before our session ends.

Our afternoon sadhana was yoga nidra which is essentially sleep yoga. We don't actually sleep but it's  a guided, deep meditation in savasana...the entire time. It was pretty relaxing, lots of verbal visualizations, but after about 45 minutes my body began to feel a little stiff so I had to readjust. Regardless of my experience, I can definitely see the benefits.

I spent most of my evening off with Cat, one of the lovely new friends I have made. We visited the gift shop where there are so many wonderful things! Then we ate dinner with some other girls (we had pasta last night...yum!) and afterward took a walk to the lake. Sweet Sarah was at the lake and she accompanied us on our return :) Cat and I ended our evening with a nice long chat over ice cream (or shall I say rice cream?). It was a divine way to spend a free evening.

We have another free evening tonight but my hope is to get some serious studying in. After my shower, I wandered around the other floors of the building and found some fantastic spaces...the sun room, the study room, and the meditation room. Always something to look forward to! Namaste :)


3 comments:

M. Mulholland said...

In 250 words, please describe wonderful items from the gift shop.

Angel Surdin said...

Here goes: I want everything. (Not very yogic, is it?) :)

M. Mulholland said...

One in every color!