Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day Five

Good morning! I may have had time to fire up my little laptop this morning because I actually awoke at 5:10, which gives me over an hour before our first morning session. However, while I am still not fond of typing these posts into my iPhone, it seems to help in my exercise of brevity which I greatly appreciate.

Yesterday was another full day. It was after nine when we ended last night.  In the morning we had a 90-minute self-guided yoga session. I really enjoyed that; I tried to recall and repeat some of my more vigorous sessions at Estudio.

Again, a lot of information and clinic-ing in the afternoon.  It seems that each day I meet a few new people and they are all so wonderful.  A few years back, if someone had told me there were so many happy and content people in the world, it would have been difficult for me to believe. And even though I know there is still a lot of pain and suffering out there, it warms my heart to be around so many joyful and radiant souls.

 In the afternoon we had a lecture on Ayurveda, with some personal care demonstrations. I wish I had more time to write about it. The lecture was profoundly interesting.

Last night we had a program on chanting. The program was not at all what I was expecting. Again, it was wonderfully joyous and jubilant. I will have to look up the name of the instrument our guest used, but there was also a drummer and a simple percussionist. Very delightful.

I believe we have this evening off. I'm looking forward to some down time. Oh yes, and it is July Fourth! Happy Holiday!

2 comments:

M. Mulholland said...

So happy for you! Chanting seems like strenuous, but truly worthwhile, work.

Angel Surdin said...

The chanting was a delightful surprise. I have to admit, I wasn't exactly looking forward to it when I saw it on the schedule. But it was great and there are so many different forms of chanting...all have been amazing and beautiful.