Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day Nineteen

It is not quite six a.m. and I am already feeling sticky and hot due to the heat. I am starting to feel ready to be home. The heat is exhausting and I miss my privacy. The good news is the end is very near.

Yesterday morning we did our final conscious communication exercise. I spoke of an incident wherein one of my closest friends said something extremely hurtful to me, on so many different levels. When I finally had the courage to communicate how much pain it had caused me, I was met with, "Well, that's really sad that it took you that long to tell me." I know that it takes me a long time to process information; I spend a lot of time in my head. Likewise, I also know that that is not always good for relationships. I realize this behavior is not only linked to a few other fears but stems from being raised in a household where children were meant to be seen and not heard. So it's a process...ongoing and evolving :)

Yesterday afternoon we had an amazing speaker. (Seriously amazing.) She seems pretty young but has experienced a lot in her life. She is scholarly, worldly, motivated, inspirational (pardon me while I have my groupie moment) and teaches vinyasa flow! Not to mention being such a dynamic speaker of course. After her talk, we had an incredible sadhana/workshop on vinyasa flow.

Last night we had a wonderful guest musician come in to entertain us while we did partner massage. I imagine that contributed to my good night's sleep.

So speaking of not speaking, tomorrow (beginning tonight, actually) is silent meditation day. We're encouraged to not only be silent but to "unplug" so there shall be no blog post tomorrow. However, I will resume posting on Saturday (and hope I can remember two days' worth of information). It is now time for morning sadhana. Happy Thursday AND Friday to all! Namaste :)

6 comments:

Melanie said...

<3
I still struggle with the feeling of always being in trouble (or always on the verge, or someone else is in trouble and I better not make waves, etc. etc.) It's a process for sure. I love you. :)

Angel Surdin said...

Love you too , Melanie! :)

M. Mulholland said...

Hang in there! It will be worth it! OXO

M. Mulholland said...

My world is always a better place when you speak your amazing words, Angel.

Angel Surdin said...

M., you are too kind. I miss you and think of you often...we will talk soon! <3

M. Mulholland said...

Miss you, too!