Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day Fourteen

Today officially marks my half-way point through the program.  Hooray, hooray!  I am treating myself by firing up my laptop this evening, as late as it is.

Actually, the real reason I was on my laptop was to do some thinking through my fingers as I typed out my second guest observation report for tomorrow.  I find that I sometimes work quicker by tapping keys rather than pushing a pen across page.  However, given our lack of technology, I end up transcribing my work anyway as there are no print stations here.  Alas.

So it is after ten o'clock in the evening and far past my teacher training bedtime.  Thus the original post I had planned to write will have to be shortened a bit.

We had a fantastic morning sadhana guest instructor yesterday.  She addressed working with diverse populations and showed us a few different ways we could incorporate chair yoga into our teaching.  It was super-interesting.

We spent yesterday morning learning about the Bhagavad Gita which I found immensely fascinating.  And while I do not consider Wikipedia a credible source, I have included a link that may be a good starting point for any of you who may be interested in more details.  (Check the references at the bottom as well!)

Yesterday afternoon we did an extended voice clinic with one of the [many] amazing instructors here. It involved a lot of loosening up of body and vocal chords as well as regulating breath with speech and practice in projecting.  What a wonderfully delightful way to spend an afternoon learning about voice.

Our afternoon sadhana was one of the best yet (I think).  Our very energetic (and charismatic) guest instructor guided us through some new poses and invited us to challenge ourselves to try them.  While I had experience doing most of the poses, I learned some new variations as well as styles of teaching [those variations] which I found supremely helpful.

I did drive home last night to do laundry, eat pizza, take the dogs to the park and bring back a few items I had left the week before.  I was back on campus by one o'clock this afternoon.  My dear, sweet friend Nicole came to visit this afternoon and we spent a good part of the afternoon exploring Lennox, which is truly charming.  I gave Nicole my version of the building tour and a brief tour of the grounds...or part of them.

And now it is 10:30 so I should try to wind myself down from my short but wonderful whirlwind weekend.  Namaste :)

2 comments:

M. Mulholland said...

Did you find the bakery (with the chocolate cake) in Lenox?

Angel Surdin said...

Not yet! But I have an additional incentive...I heard there is a frozen yogurt place near the bakery :)