Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day Seven

I made a quick trip home last night to do some laundry and pick up a few items I forgot to bring with me last weekend.  Subsequently, I ended up leaving a few items at the house again this afternoon.  Alas.

Yesterday we had a truly amazing lecture on yoga philosophy which focused on the first two limbs of Patanjali's Eight-Limbed Path, the Yamas (character-building restraints) and Niyamas (character-building observances).  Our guest lecturer was a well-read scholar and an incredibly dynamic speaker.  Suffice it to say, the lecture was both informative and interesting.

We had a short posture clinic in the afternoon and each student had a check-in with one of the assistants wherein we demonstrated two postures and had a brief one-on-on discussion afterward.  I'm happy to say my check-in went very well.

Today was our day off from the program.  However, we have an observation report due tomorrow morning so, in order to complete that, we had/have to attend another class sometime over the weekend.  I attended my class this evening but I still have to write up my report.

And so I will end this post and ready myself for week two of my training.  Namaste :)

2 comments:

M. Mulholland said...

Great news about your check-in. What did you do on your day off?

Angel Surdin said...

I went home and did a little check-in of my own: pups, Aaron, laundry... :)